The latest iPad Pro has a lot of new things to offer: a 12.9-inch Retina display, a 64-bit A9x chip for faster processing, a 10-hour battery life, and much more. It is no wonder then that millions have already bought the iPad Pro.
Despite its awesome features, the iPad Pro isn’t flawless. In fact, many people have reported a number of iPad Pro glitches online. While some issues will require a professional iPad repair service, some of the common issues have simple workarounds that you can do yourself.
If you’re an iPad owner, this guide hopes to identify some of the more common iPad Pro problems, as well as provide few ways for you to fix them yourself.
Glitch #1: Doesn’t Turn On After Charging
If your iPad Pro doesn’t turn on after you’ve charged it, you are not alone. Many users reported that their tablet screens remained black after charging, even if they press or tap the buttons a number of times.
- Press the Home and Sleep/Wake button at the same time for at least 10 seconds, or until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Some people shared that they no longer experience this issue after they turned on Siri. Turn on this feature by tapping Settings > General > Siri.
Glitch #2: Screen Freezing While in Use
If you’ve experienced this issue, you know that the screen will freeze for a few seconds and then go back to normal after a while. This can prove irritating if it happens often. If you encounter this problem occuiring regularly there are some ways to fix it.
- Press the Home and Sleep/Wake button together for a minimum of 10 seconds, or until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
- Through iTunes, restore your iPad Pro to its initial factory settings. Plug the tablet into a computer, and then launch the iTunes. Click iPad Pro > Summary > Restore. But before you do this, make sure that you back up your files first.
Glitch #3: Won’t Activate After iOS 9.3 Update
After updating your iOS, you might have received a message saying the activation server is unavailable. As a result, you can’t use your iPad Pro.
- Download the fix from Apple. Then, check software updates by tapping Settings > General > Software Update.
- Plug the iPad Pro into your computer, then click iPad Pro > Summary > Update. For this fix, make sure that you’ve installed the latest version of iTunes.
- Press the Home and Sleep/Wake button together at least 10 seconds, or until you see the Apple logo on the screen.
If the problem persists after doing these fixes, it may be time to contact your nearest accredited Apple service centre for repair services or replacement.